Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Socks, Socks, Socks

The last of the Christmas socks for the nieces and nephews is DONE! That makes 15 pairs so far this year into the stash. The socks for the boys as always get an easily replaceable afterthought heel. You can see in the photo what it looks like after I've removed the waste yarn and picked up the live stitches.

I still have a couple things left on my list to knit but I've got 2 more months so I should be OK. I want to knit a sweater for my 2 yr old niece. Baby ones are fast, so that should only take a week of evenings. A dog sweater for Mom's Bichon, also a quickie. Last but not least, more felted catnip mice for my sister's three cats. They LOVE the felt catnip mice. It took them all year to rip the heads off last year's batch. I think it's because the texture of the felt is pretty close to the texture of a real mouse but I'm not going to check. Is it sick that I feel bad we didn't get any field mice in the house this year for them to hunt when they visit? They just look so proud when they catch them and present them, it's adorable.

We'll have them a couple weeks this winter while my sis and her hubby go on vacation. Amazingly, they adapt well to switching houses several times a year. Hopefully the dog we had to put down's smell is out of the house now. Last time kitties came to visit one of them spent a week sniffing and mewing in Roo's usual spots. He didn't understand where she was, it was really sad. Odd though, he's the cat who always messed with her and he was the one to really missed her most.

It will be fun to see the Bichon put "back in her place" by the female cat. Kitties have their favorite perches at this house and they decided last time that this new interloper was a little big for her britches. Acadia is phased by NOTHING. She has her favorite perch on the back of the sofa to look out the window and no puppy is going to move her. Last time she was in her spot and Tilly was right behind her barking up a storm and got NO REACTION, not even a glance of acknowledgement. Not too many cats are stubborn enough to ignore a barking dog 6 inches behind them, Acadia she's gotta set of brass ones. Also Acadia loved Roo, she even slept with her doggy cousin at night when she was down here and I don't think she was happy Roo was gone and there was a new, and annoyingly loud, puppy.

No comments: