Thursday, October 4, 2007

I Will Not Go to Classic Elite this Weekend!


I will not go, I will not go, I will not go.... Once again the guy who was supposed to buy my old Ford Taurus failed to show up. I want to get rid of this car! Don't get me wrong, it's a nice car but I don't need it and I don't want to pay to insure and store it if it isn't getting used. I certainly don't want to shovel a spot for it come the snow. Plus I promised myself I wouldn't buy any yarn or new baking stuff until I sold it. If he doesn't show by Friday I'm giving to the next best offer, I'm tired of waiting.

I'm being responsible, it stinks. But the credit card is too high from 2 years of vet bills and medications for Roo, my poor dog, and it has to come down BEFORE the Christmas shopping starts. As much as I loved her I'm a little mad at her that she sucked all my money and then we had to put her to sleep anyway for the one thing we couldn't treat. Though you can't put a price on 16 years, yes 16, of love and loyalty. She was the best dog.

What's killing me is that I haven't been the Classic Elite factory in months. For those not from Eastern Massachusetts, Classic Elite yarns is in Lowell, MA, 15 minutes away from me and 3 blocks from my sister's house. They have a real factory store, in a factory building, you have to go in a freight elevator up to the 4th floor and the area is a little sketchy but ohhhhhh the prices. It's actually my closest LYS, I admit it, I'm spoiled. One and a while they have a sale, we're talking a long plus-sized cabled Duchess cardigan for 80 bucks kinda sale, shhhhh it's for one my sisters for Christmas. I once got a cone of Premiere, enough for a whole lace sweater for 11 dollars. I want to try the new alpaca sock yarn they have but I can't until the stupid car sells! Oh well patience is a virtue.

I think I'm loving these gloves I'm working on lately. I don't need another pair of gloves but the yarn just wanted to be gloves and the peacock iridescent beads match so well (they look much better than they photographed) I had to do it. Not too bad for a pattern I'm making up as I go. This time I remembered to take notes so the other glove will be the same for a change.

No comments: