Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Car Sold!

Finally! I'm off shopping restriction! OK, not like a millionaire but I can have some fun money now. I have a list of things I want at King Arthur Flour, now that the cool weather is here I can bake bread again without heating up the house. Home baked wheat bread is soooooooooooooo much better than anything from the store, and a lot cheaper. You also get to put just what you like in a loaf as far as oats, seeds, and grains.

I've been dying for some new baking pans since I've yet to unpack most of my wedding gifts, yes 3 years later, and I've been using my mother's 30 yr old pans. If she would just RETIRE already and take Dad out west where he wants to be, I wouldn't have to share the kitchen and I could really unpack. My greatest fear is that they won't take all of their stuff with them when they finally go.

I think my mother is afraid of retirement, she's too used to having a secretary to clean up after her at work and, since dad got sick, me at home. Before that it was my Nana, I've checked, Mom's always been a SLOB, the clean gene seems to skip a generation. My parents have been married for almost 40 years and my mother STILL has stuff in her parent's garage. The sick thing? She used to tell us kids that it was our fault when the house was a wreck, and we believed her until college. Some people are just wired to put something down wherever they happen to be when they are done with it. There's something odd about saying to a parent, "you're not going to just leave that there are you?"

At least I get to do some shopping. I'm in a swap and I'm excited, picking out and packing goodies is a blast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of things that are on my list too!

LOVE KA flour. Thankfully, I can buy it at my local grocery.

Love the purple dog too.