Sunday, October 7, 2007

I Hate Frogging

I gave up temporarily on my gloves. I got close to "done" the first one before I realized I need different needles. They're a hair too snug for my comfort on US 2/2.75 mm needles but they'd be too large on US 3/ 3.25 mm ones. Sooooooooooo I need the one thing I don't have US 2.5/ 3mm needles. I know Crystal Palace makes them but I'm going to be good and wait. I frogged the one I did already and I'll just put them aside for while.

I worked on my niece's Halloween costume this weekend. Isn't it cute? The hem is the last step on the dress and I made the wand today. OK, I put pink paint and glitter on a dowel but once I put a stuffed topper out of leftover fabric on the end it'll be a wand. I'll do the wings when I get a chance they're easy, make a casing and stuff in the wire.

I've been good about the not spending lately, that's why I'm waiting on buying needles. I'm doing a swap though, spending money on OTHER people doesn't count! It sounds stupid but hubby bought it so it's approved. I've already started gathering things up that are local and I'm trying to get hubby to grab some stuff at work if he can. He works at a VERY representative place to out locale so I'm crossing my fingers. I hope I get a swap buddy from far away, makes it even more fun. I love packing goodie boxes.

I have tomorrow free of the baby, YAY! School holidays rock for auntie-daycare, my sister teaches so when she's off so am I. I'm not complaining, I love watching the little monkey but I need a break, the terrible twos are getting to me. Friday I had to separate her and the puppy, they were fighting over a toy. There was ear and tail pulling, pushing and one little nip. Of course once they were apart they immediately started crying for one another. The baby calling out for the dog and the dog crying and howling.

I think I'll make soap tomorrow since I have the house to myself. It's been too long and I'm a little behind. Besides I want to make a few experimental batches before Christmas.

No comments: