Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Good, the Bad, and the @$^&%#* Dog

First the good, I got my goodie box from the Knitters Tea Swap yesterday. Just look at all the goodies Sarah in AZ sent me. There's coolest sock yarn, it's brown with blue, pink and orange and it self stripes in a trippy pattern, I love trippy socks. She also sent me a set of DPN's , a vanilla lip balm tin, two different organic teas, Raspberry and Black Chai, a little round tin of pomegranate green tea perfectly purse sized and that's just where it's heading. There's also snacks, Walkers shortbread, lemon cookies, a tin of spiced caramels and a roll of gummies for my niece. There was also a beautiful set of stitch markers with turquoise beads and a new knitting journal. I feel so special, thanks again Sarah!

Now, the bad, I broke 8 of 10 fingernails today cleaning the stove. I HATE breaking them, they never get really long but at least I can usually get them about a 1/4 inch past my fingertips. It's just annoying that I'm the ONLY one who seems to clean around here. On the bright side the stove is shiny and like-new spotless, at least until morning when someone burns something again.

Finally, the @$^&%#* dog, she ate ANOTHER set of DPNs that makes 5. There must be something about the bamboo Crystal Palace uses because those are the only needles she touches. Never ones of birchwood and never the rosewood ones. They're starting to wonder at the LYS what the hell I'm doing with all these sets of 2.5mm DPNs. I'm going to have to talk to the vet about some new training methods because Tilly isn't catching on, TO ANYTHING. Maybe it's Bichons in general or maybe, and this gets my vote, Tilly is just STUPID. We had a dumb dog once, really dopey, but at least she wasn't destructive. She keeps doing the same things over and over. She's a puppy, yes, but that excuse only goes so far for so long. Perhaps she needs a formal puppy school over Christmas vacation, it'll be the first time we've ever had to resort to that but I can't take too much more.


Just to end on a happy note, look at the photo my sister sent me. That's Chaos the kitty meeting dinner shortly before it hit the pot. For those of you away from the coast a 3 1/2 lb lobster is a big'un and I should note that cat weighs a good 15 lbs. He's not chubby either just HUGE, bigger than the dog. He's better at playing fetch than she is too, yeah cats can play fetch, they just want to fetch balls of yarn.

No comments: