Monday, May 25, 2009

Wow that was fast!

The garden must be happy because when I went out this morning I noticed a few things. First there was this pretty zucchini flower peeking out from under the leaves.


Then this lovely blossom on the pea plant I was sure was going to die.


Finally, and this one is really a shocker, I've got blueberries on that bush my BIL bought a couple weeks ago. I knew it was a self pollinating variety but berries?? Seriously??


I've got to mix up some fish & kelp for feeding this afternoon. I almost forgot because today is a holiday but I picked Monday because it's easy to remember to feed at the beginning of the week. I'm thinking that everything is happy so far so I must be doing something right.

I'm still drawing out ideas for the tomato trellis. The only thing I've decided is that it's going to be pvc. I can't decided if I want just a flat wall or more of a row cage. If I spray paint the pvc the sun shouldn't destroy it too quickly and I'll get a few years at least out of it. PVC is also super cheap and I like the idea of being able to take it apart and store it easily. I'm not sure if I'm just going to get tomato cages for the potted peppers that need it or do something more creative. I was always a big Lego fan so maybe I'll build some contraptions there as well. Decisions, decisions.

No comments: