Saturday, May 23, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like a Garden!

I played in the garden all day today! Well maybe not played, more like worked. In two days I've managed to get 80% of the plants into the ground or in planters. I'll be finishing up tomorrow and Monday is clean-up day.

Since the hot peppers are more fussy then some other goodies I've mostly kept them to planters on the deck. Hubby and sis are HUGE pepper fans so I got a number of different types and heats. I used the planters to create a wall-o-fire along the edge of the deck.

The deck bench sucks for sitting but it's great for planters. I've got radishes at all stages and more hot peppers below.

The long beds are just about finished, they're the last bit of planting I have left to do. The left one has one long row on tomato plants and we'll be making a trellis wall for them next weekend. The rest is a mingling of things that are happy together. The bush is a blueberry bush my BIL bought on impulse, yeah weird huh? It ought to be pretty happy in the spot I picked, it's where the huge pine we had removed dropped it's needles for a few decades very acidic. Actually it's almost spot on the kind of place blueberries pick to grow wild in the woods. I gave BIL the OK to get a couple more bushes. Maybe next year they'll get joined by some other berries.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks like a productive day!

Brat said...

Yeah, the end is in sight!