Thursday, May 21, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

What a day!! It's been a crazy week but the garden is almost done, well as done as it can get right now. This weekend the last of the plants go in and the rest of the summer is maintenance. I got a couple amazing packages in the mail today, one for the garden and one full of fiber and yarny goodness.

I managed to score a Phat Fiber box this month and today it arrived. The samples are just amazing! I haven't gone through it too closely yet but at a first glance everything is just beyond cool.

The second box was from chileplants.com. I got a dozen hot and sweet pepper plants. I didn't want to risk starting hot peppers from seed and I wanted single plants of the super hot ones so I went with purchased plants. I was just floored at the amazing condition they arrived in considering they sat in a hot UPS truck all day. Hubby is thrilled, he's a huge hot pepper fan. I've decided to keep most of them in planters on the deck so I can baby them and bring them in if we have a cool night.

I finally discovered who'd been munching the sunflower seedlings and raiding the bird feeder. It's the one and only star of cirque du squirrel and he puts on quite the show. I'll be replanting the sunflowers on the OTHER side of the yard and let him have his little playground since he amuses both the monkey and her puppy pal right before nap time.

I should have some pics of the garden all planted in a day or two, I can't wait. I'll also be talking about how we ended up with a blueberry bush and some other random stuff in the garden.

No comments: