Monday, May 18, 2009

Frost Warning!!!

Yep, May 18th and we have a frost warning for tonight. I've seen it snow so I guess it could be worse but it still wasn't fun bringing in all the plants. We haven't planted much out so covering up for the night didn't take too long.

This week has been hell with family stuff, mine and hubby's, along with 4 birthdays that needed either cakes baked or travel or both. At least it's over, I just want to play in the new garden.

We finally finished up the long beds. Pretty spiffy if I do say so myself. Unfortunately I botched the topsoil estimate and we need 10 more bags on Saturday to finish up. It's supposed to be nice weather and it's a long weekend so hopefully we'll get everything planted out as well.


Remember the hosta I raked out and mulched a mere three weeks ago?



Look at them now! One of them between the stairs and the bulkhead is 7 feet across and looks like a plant from when dinosaurs roamed the earth.



These are the hardened off babies waiting to get in the ground. I have way to many tomatoes so I can really pick the best of the best. Hot pepper plants will be arriving this week sometime. I've decided to put them in planters on the deck so they can get the royal treatment. I got a few fussy ones that I want to be able to bring inside if it gets too cool, LIKE TONIGHT!

No comments: