Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Yardwork Continues

So I finished cleaning up the hosta on the other side of the stairs today. My niece has so much fun "helping" I wish she could stay 3 forever. Even carrying the raked up leaves to the wheelbarrow in little handfuls is very fun for her, she always has a great big smile with each trip.

This yard work and garden are on a budget and that budget, considering the car is on it's way to the crusher, is seriously ZERO. So what can you do for zero?


Those aren't pricey flagstones folks, look closer.


Those are old cinder blocks I found an smashed with my handy dandy 4lb baby sledge hammer. Yep, old nasty cinder blocks and smashing them was fun. My niece laughed through the whole process while shouting "smashie, Auntie, smashie".

She also enjoyed lining up the pieces to make the border, she was quite proud that she could follow the shallow furrow I made as a placement guide. The whole front of the house has happy hosta in new beds and they're tucked in with fresh mulch. Next step, raking the yard and filling up the compost bins.

No comments: