Thursday, April 16, 2009

I see, I see.....Dead People!

OK, got me, I don't see them but I DO SEE .... TOMATO SEEDLINGS!!!!!

They're coming along under the lights and I think I may have overdone it a tad. When I learned to garden you always put several seeds in case some didn't germinate but I'm batting 1,000 here so far. Either they're VERY good seeds or I've made them VERY happy or a combination of the two. (They're not yellow-ish as they seem in the photo, the grow lamp is screwing up the colors on the camera and I can't seem to fix it, they're a happy bright green in real life.) Either way I'm going to have to move them into pots sooner than I'd like or they'll get crowded fast. I'll probably do it Saturday if I have time or Monday when it's raining and they'll be no outside work to do.

My mother also sent some seedlings she'd started WAY TOO EARLY. I'm not sure how I'm going handle them, they really can't go outside for another 3 weeks minimum but they're getting big. I think I'll grab another set of grow lamps for the shop lights we keep in the basement and move the lights so I have two over the table. If I move things a bit they can have tiers and they can all be happy until it's time to go outside.

There's news on the car front. It went to the crusher. I might have a line on a used one we can sorta but not really afford, we'll see. I hope we get a little good luck for a change.

No comments: