Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It is April Right?

I mean I look at the calendar and it says April but it felt like late June today. It was over 90 degrees today. Even in the house it hit 80 which is a tad uncomfortable when it's supposed to be more like 65. Even the little monkey thought it was too hot and kept trying to get away with stripping down and running around bare assed.


The lettuce and radishes I planted on Saturday were confused as well. They sprouted.


At this rate we'll be having salads before it's safe to plant out the tomatoes.


The thought of fresh salads is very exciting especially after a long winter.


This weekend we'll be putting in the large beds so I can start hardening off the seedlings as they're ready and the last frost date approaches. I did manage to get some carrots, beets and onions seeded before it got too hot this morning as well as a couple more pots of radishes with the little monkey. Tomorrow will probably be more potting up various things, I inherited a lot of nice plant pots from Papa's basement, so I plan to fill the deck.

Don't forget to leave a comment to my April 19th post to get a chance at a drop spindle. I'll be picking at random on Thursday during the monkey's naptime.

No comments: