Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happy Tomato Plants Growing and Growing

So you may have wondered how much can a tomato plant grow in a week in Massachusetts, OK maybe not. I have an answer anyway. They can double in size! Pretty neat huh? I really need to get the trellis up tomorrow.


I also managed to get three of the evergreen shrubs planted, bedded and mulched. I set them a little off because the variegated one is going to mostly grow sideways. The one in the back will get tall and the one on the left will be round and medium sized. I think they'll make a great little feature when they start to fill in and I can sculpt them a bit.

Here's the plants on the deck, they pretty much take up the whole bench now which I kind of like.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm beets. Nuff said.

Now, a problem. My mother decided to show up with six strawberry plants today for the baby. I really don't want to have to clear a strawberry patch area so I'm thinking of containers. Anyone done strawberries in containers before? Can you winter them over in pots or plant them in the Fall to winter over? Should I bite the bullet and try and find a spot for them?

No comments: