Monday, June 8, 2009

Happy Garden Dance!

I see summer squash! It's itty, it's bitty and I had to squish an aphid that was trying to suck on it but it's the first one in the new garden and I think it's very cool.
I also noticed the jalapeno plant blooming today. The flower is prettier than I thought, I like the little purple around the edge of the petals.
I still haven't gotten the shrubs in but I've been busy doing a rain dance. All last week the rain scooted North, it scooted South but it never rained here not a drop. It's really odd since 5 miles in any direction they got at least a little rain. I have high hopes for tomorrow.
The squirrel learned a new trapeze act today. He hung by his hind legs over the suet feeder and then dropped down free fall onto the swinging feeder. I've decided he's either determined or nuckin futs .... perhaps both. Either way he earned a treat and since playing with the feeders keeps him out of the garden I'm cool with the 1.50 a week for new suet blocks. Although when I have enough trays saved from the store bought ones I'll be making my own. I do have 20 pounds of home rendered suet tallow in the basement after all.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Squash blossoms stuffed with cheese, dipped in tempura batter and fried are AMAZING. That squirrel is something!