Saturday, February 2, 2008

Busy, Busy

I'm finshing up lots of projects lately. OK they're easy projects but they're DONE just the same. Lets see I did a hat for the Christmas stash, yes I start in January, a couple trivets for the kitchen, and some slippers for my niece for Valentine's Day. I love, love, love the little felted slippers. I have leather scraps to cut and sew on the bottom so they don't slip too much on the floors. The hardwood gets cold this time of year and socks just don't cut it when the little monkey is over here. My sister loves them and wants me to make another pair for her to have at home.

AFTRA STILL SUCKS. Nuff said.

The Pats are playing in the SB tomorrow so the cooking started tonight. I want to actually be able to watch the game, and be ready to cover Tala's eyes JUST IN CASE. We're having pizza, veggies and dip, herbed monkey bread, salad, artichoke hearts and olives, and I baked a chocolate pound cake that's going to have bittersweet chocolate sauce. My BIL is bringing the hotwings. I'm trying to decide if I want to make the pizza and monkey bread dough tonight and let it chill out in the fridge.

I did manage to make a big dent in the cleaning today. Got the kitchen catch-all AKA table cleared off and the counters as well. Hubby did most of the living room. I even managed to get the desk cleaned up and all the papers filed, paid or tossed. Yay for me. Maybe I'll make the dough in the morning and spend tonight with my knitting in front of the TV. Torchwood is on and Adult Swim has new anime on Saturday nights.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the knitting. What pattern did you use for the hearth pot holders??