Monday, January 14, 2008

Button, Button, I Hate Choosing Buttons

OK, so I knit a sweater and sew it together. Then I put it on the dressform and block it all nice and pretty. Now, I'm stuck. It needs buttons. I hate picking buttons. They really can make or break a sweater. If they're too flashy they look stupid, if they're too plain the whole sweater looks boring, too fancy and it looks pretentious. So, what kind of buttons does this sweater need?

It's got a hood so it's kind of casual, but it's also got cables and lace so it's not really a "grubby". I need 18 of them to run straight down the front so nothing too overpowering for flashy will work. It'll likely spend most of it's time unbuttoned so nothing that will catch on stuff easily.

Anyone else have problems choosing buttons? Is this another neurosis exclusive to me? Maybe I have a problem finishing things, buttons are the last step. So anyone have any ideas what kind of buttons go on this sweater? I'm stumped.

It's January in New England again today. The warm weather from last week is gone and we have ...... SNOW. Lots and lots of snow. We've been trying to teach my mom's Bichon to potty OUTSIDE while she's on vacation. So far, so good once we put one of her puppy pads out in the yard. Yeah the neighbors already think we're the Munsters so this latest oddity probably doesn't shock them. Alas, Bichons are short and the show is deep sooooooo she couldn't figure out how to pee in the snow.

Hubby to the rescue, he grabbed a shovel and made, well he made a dog toilet. Grumbling about spending his vacation digging snow latrines for dogs. Tilly wasn't going to squat without a clear space so it had to be done. At least I remembered to put her doggy sweater on before we sent her out there otherwise she'd blend into a drift like camouflage.

No comments: