Wednesday, January 23, 2008

100% Done!

Well the stars aligned, hubby's vacation ended, and my niece caught a cold so I've had a couple of unexpected days to myself. Kind of nice, it almost never happens so I decided to finish up a couple projects.

First I finished reorganizing the pantry, I just don't get how people fail to put thing away. If you bought peas put them with the other peas. How complicated it that? The pantry looked like a bunch of starving apes had gone through it so everything came out and went back on the shelves in proper order. Aside from a couple frighteningly expired items that got tossed it wasn't too bad.

I finally chose the buttons for my cardigan so sewing them on was next. I went with wood, very New England-y in my opinion. I've already worn it a couple times and I just love it. I also finished up hubby's "Man-Ghan". I decided to change to a less sewing intensive pattern. Those blocks make me nutty after 1 row and dropped stitches in that fisherman's rib pattern were insane to pick back up. He likes it anyway and the arrowhead pattern I ended up with is still pretty masculine in the colors he picked out.

I also had time last night for a quickie project, a tea cozy in Noro Kureyon. It's a free pattern from Knitty and called of course the Kureyon Kozy. It only took two balls which is good because the yarn is kinda spendy. I love how it came out, I'll probably put up a couple photos later. I can't decide how much I like the yarn yet. Everyone raves about it but I'm torn. The colors are beautiful but they can be a little garish and the wool isn't the softest in the world before washing. I'm going to try a couple of felted coasters with the leftovers before I decide.

I tried a new recipe this weekend from my King Arthur whole grain cookbook. I needed something to bring when my sister and I went to visit Nana and I wanted to bring something sweet but not too unhealthy. Nana is starting Chemo this week and she was told her stomach might be queasy so I wanted her to have a homemade treat before the treatment started. They were pretty good, kinda sweet for my taste but if you like bars they tend to be really sweet. I was surprised how nice the texture of the crust and topping were being whole wheat and oats. They are a couple other bars I want to try in there, I think I'll do the citrus one next.

No comments: