Tuesday, July 7, 2009

CSA Week 2 and New Garden Photos

It's week 2 of the CSA and we got all kinds of goodies. There was hakurei turnips, radishes, lettuce, peas(shelling), scallions, zucchini, kousa squash, cilantro, cucumbers, chard, and purslane. The rain isn't messing up things too badly which is good.We had a couple sunny days in a row here, I know I couldn't believe it either, so I managed to get some new photos of the garden. The summer squash, zucchini and cukes all seem to be loving the weather the hot peppers not so much. Most of them seemed to perk up and bud some new leaves in the sunshine but now it's raining again so I'm not sure what will make it long enough to give us any fruit.
The blueberries are ripening and we've gotten about a handful a day for about a week now. Once they're gone I can take the bird netting off and let them be shrubs until the fall feeding. They're pretty low maintenance and I'm happy with the number of berries considering we just planted them this spring, of course next year they'll be more berries as long as I keep them happy this fall and winter.

No comments: