Monday, May 26, 2008

My Husband Screams Like a Girl

OK well maybe not entirely like a girl but he did let out one loud EWWWWWWWWWWW when he was cleaning out the fireplace. We're finishing up the last of the spring cleaning and the duty of cleaning out the fireplace with the wet/dry vac fell to him. Inside was the skeleton of some poor bird that must have flown down there months ago. We didn't use the fireplace this winter so I guess it could have been a year or more. We just never got around to cleaning it because shoveling the ashes is such a pain in the neck. The new wet/dry vac has made that job and a few others a lot easier, if not less... gross. For sure we have to go up an replace the wire around the chimney so this doesn't happen again.



Along with spring cleaning I've been doing some spring knitting. I finished up my mom's Mother's Day gift. It was late, I had to rip back a LOT because I dropped a stitch and didn't notice. Then I decided it was a good time to use up some odds and ends leftover from other projects and made this cute little felted bag.


I'm doing great on my stash-busting, of course poverty helps. Between gas and grocery prices we're really tightening up the budget. Lucky it feeds into the green thing we've been doing lately. It has become kind of a game to see how little water, electricity and gas we can use in a month. We see it as a challenge and get to tease one another when a light gets left on or timing showers. Hey it's free fun and if it saves on the bills and the environment all the better.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Did I miss what pattern you used for the shawl???

Looks great.

The bag, is that a French market bag from Knitty??