Thursday, April 17, 2008

We Have a New Puppy!


Alas, Tilly is moving North with my parents and after having to put Roo down last summer we weren't big on the idea of Tala not having a dog. Losing two dogs in a year is a lot of heartbreak when you're two even if one of the dogs comes to visit occasionally.

Enter our family dentist who started dropping hints LAST MONTH. She had a new litter of puppies you see and one of them was called Maggie Waggie because her whole body wags not just her tail. Now, I forbade my mother to even lay eyes on any puppies, she lacks the self control to not take one home. That's how we got Tilly.

Then mom got the new job. Hmmmm maybe a puppy isn't a bad idea. I however don't want a god right now and neither does my husband, it's just not the right time. So the nudging aka nagging started. My sister needed a puppy, the baby needed a puppy, my sister's husband needed to get a puppy for the baby else he be the worst dad in history. Overstated? Maybe, but not by much.

My mother aka Nana-Spoils-A-Lot took Tala to the dentist to have her teeth cleaned. She was very good as we told her afterwards she'd get to see puppies. Then they went to Donna's house and two by two the puppies we let into the yard with the baby to see how well everyone got along. Of course, as predicted, Maggie Waggie took to the baby instantly. She followed her around the yard and didn't nip or cry and the less than gentle proddings of a toddler trying to pick her up and kiss her.

Now, I have two little monsters in the house all day. Part of the deal I seem to have missed is that Maggie will be arriving daily with baby for Auntie Care. It's OK, it's kind of fun having a puppy to play with and then it GOES HOME. All of the fun, none of the poop pick-up duty. And she's just cute as all hell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the way you type god when it should be dog...is this intentional? I have several cats because my children 'had' to have them, or 'needed' them...or worse still 'rescued' them (the rescued one is an inbred ginder from parents who are brother and sister and grandparents also related...he has been neutered for the good of the gene pool (and so I don't get MORE b****y cats) but they behave like gods dontcha fink? Fran

Brat said...

Ummmmm I think it was a 'lil slip but I'm going to leave it. After all a puppy is sorta like a god, they command love and worship as well as frequent offerings. OK they mostly want you hug and play with them after they've woken you up by jumping on your face and the offerings are the varied, often pricey toys you get them in the vain hope that they won't chew everything you own to bits. Nothing like a puppy slurped slipper first thing in the morning.

As for cats, no one beats my sister's 22 lb. Maine Coon, Moo. Moo has been banned from the grooming center at the PetSmart. he was visiting for a few weeks with sis and I have allergies so he needed a good scrubbing. About an hour after we dropped him off we got a call "please come get your cat, he's escaped the grooming area into the store and is terrorizing the customers". Who knew there was a kitty blacklist?