Friday, April 4, 2008

Swap Socks are FINALLY DONE!

I finally finished the socks from the yarn Sarah sent me in the Knitter's Tea Swap last year. They've been my purse project for a while now but this week I caught a cold from my niece, I love when toddlers share, so I needed a bed friendly and easy to drop when sneezing project to work on. I love how they came out.

The new furnace is in, YAY! It works great and is very quiet compared to the old one. We put in a new thermostat too that's programmable so we don't forget to turn the heat back up in the morning and wonder why we're FREEZING. I loved the contractors Home Depot sent, they were friendly, on time and did an excellent job. They also we're nice enough to help hubby put in the new thermostat even though that wasn't officially part of the job. The old thermostat had a mercury ampule in it, they too it away for disposal for us. It's such a pain to get rid of mercury properly I was really thankful. They more than deserved the coffee and scones I made them for sure. They're so getting my next call when we need something done around here. A great experience with a contractor who'd thought it could happen?

No comments: