Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Quick List and Free Fleece

Since I last blogged...



Ice Storm Destroyed our 1979 Thunderbird



I learned to HATE Commerce insurance and ignorant claims adjusters



It Snowed and Snowed and Snowed and ...



Christmas on a budget



My niece started to "get" the idea of the potty



New Years



and



My sister brought me a garbage of free fleece from her boss' farm.

It was dirty, unskirted and had been barn stored for a couple years but it was you know free.

The boss man calls them Merino "Mutts" aka he really breeds them for eating and never got around to thinking about the fleece part.


Did I mention a GARBAGE BAG FULL?

Not too bad once I pulled it out.

Hey it might be workable.

Let's load it up and see what happens.

Hmmmm. Sheep are dirty. It looks better, perhaps a second and third dunk. Yeah that works. It does come clean eventually. Ohhhhh kind of fluffy. Not super soft but workable for outerwear for sure.
Yay, YARN!!!!!!

1 comment:

Tamie said...

That looks like a big project but cool to get to your last photo! Sorry it sounds like winter has not been so good...?? Are you going to dye the yarn? I look forward to what you will do next- Happy New Year