Friday, September 5, 2008

Clod is Catchy

So I'm finally developing my mom's klutz genes. I had hoped to escape but alas they stuck on Tuesday night while I was making dinner. I was chopping herbs and hubby did something weird with the grill tongs out the corner of my eye and I flinched. I quite neatly sliced the fingernail off my left forefinger. An hour and a half in the ER later, I was behind all the people with sniffles and tummy aches that the new MA universal heath plan crap was supposed to stop with my bloody dish cloth (Hey FU Mitt your great universal health plan sucks like everything else you start and then bail on ass-hat no wonder no one wants your for pres., gov., or veep), and I had a nice tetanus shot and what I can predict was a $400.00 band aid. At least I already ate my ins. deductible for the year. On the bright side it hurts like hell and it'll take a long time to grow back. Now if I can just figure out how to knit like this I'll be all set. I could spin but the ER co-pay is going to more than eat my roving spending money.

I'm halfway through the CSA share I'm splitting with my sister. As the summer has gone one the bins have gotten better and much bigger. For $22.50 a week, that's $11.25 each, I think it's turning into a great bargain in addition to all the usual advantages of a CSA.

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

Week 5

Week 6

Week 7

Week 8

Week 9

Week 10

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow, that is a great assortment of of food in the CSA basket.

I hope your finger heals well and quickly. It does take a long time for nails to grow back.